Monday, September 26, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole –Tasty Tuesday

Yummm-o!
Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole
IMG_2498 (640x480)
I Dug up a family favorite for today’s Tasty Tuesday! My Gram has made this for me so many times, I can’t even count. When I was in college she would make it for me, freeze it & send it back to school with me after a weekend visit. But I have to give credit to my Aunt Bren…because I’m pretty sure she’s the one who introduced our family to this goodie. It’s fantastic. AND!!!!!!! You don’t always have to use chicken! This recipe is perfect for leftover Thanksgiving Day TURKEY too!! But of course, you have to change it’s name to Poppy Seed TURKEY Casserole Winking smile
IMG_2485 (640x480)
Ingredients
4-5 Whole Chicken Breasts (cooked, skinned, boned & cut into pieces)
1/2 Cup Cream of Chicken Soup (I make my own…recipe coming soon)
1/2 Cup Cream of Celery Soup
8 oz Sour Cream (1 Cup)
18-20 Crushed Soda Crackers
1/2 Stick Butter, melted
2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
1. Mix soup & sour cream together. 2. Stir in 1 Tbsp of poppy seeds 3. Add chicken & mix together. 4. Put mixture into a casserole (2qt) dish. 5. Mix melted butter & crushed crackers together. 6. Sprinkle over the chicken mixture & sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp poppy seeds over the top also. 7. Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
 
IMG_2486 (640x480)IMG_2487 (640x480)IMG_2489 (640x480)
IMG_2492 (640x480)
IMG_2491 (640x480)
IMG_2493 (640x480)
IMG_2496 (640x480)
Good Stuff!
Add this to your freezer recipe stash!
Sharing this recipe, of course! Smile Check out my party page!

5 comments:

  1. What a great recipe, looks tasty :) Your blog is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! Always looking for good freezer recipes. I'll have to give this one a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sisters must think alike I'm making this for dinner tonight!! I just got everything ready and then thought I would get on facebook and saw your post ;-)
    This is one of my fav recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a poppyseed chicken recipe! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Want to make this recipe but notice the poppy seed measurements are not the same. Is it tsp. or Tbl. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...