Saturday, August 27, 2011

Weekend Craft

Looking for a super simple yet fun craft this weekend?

I absolutely LUV these necklaces!  They are so simple to make and for someone with nickel or metal sensitivity they're perfect!  Also a great way to re-use/re-cycle an old t-shirt!
All you need is an old t-shirt and a pair of scissors!
Lay the shirt flat and cut strips (I cut them about 1/2 in wide).
 Stretch each strip out as far as you can (it will naturally form a yarn like rope).  For a thicker necklace cut more strips (for a bracelet I use 3 strips - 2 for the bracelet and one for the knot)

Continue to wrap the knot rope over the bracelet/necklace until you only have a small piece left - then tuck the ends under the loops you have just made to secure your knot.

 There are lots of options for this necklace!  This pink one I braided some of my ropes and added them in.  I also made a t-shirt swirl flower with rhinestones and sewed it onto the necklace knot.
 This one is a simple pink necklace that I clipped one of my  homemade leather flowers onto (hair clip flower fit perfectly into the knots!
 This one was made from a green tie dye t-shirt.
The possibilities are endless!!

4 comments:

  1. This has been on my "todo" list for months! I may just set down and do it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to let me know how it turns out! I saw them on etsy one day and finally figured it out (the stretching part boggled my mind for a few days.. LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...