Monday, April 30, 2012

The Pretty Pink Posie

Taking a Look Back

The Pretty Pink Posie

This flower is definately my FAVORITE!
I'm quite partial to pink anyway, but I truly love the texture & petals in this flower.
Putting it together was SO simple too. I've seen several tutorials out there for flowers similar to the ones I made.   I took what I'd seen & experimented for a while, & figured it out!
This flower did not require any sewing, but did require burning my fingers on hot glue a few times.


 I'm pretty sure the color of grass in the spring is my all time favorite color...especially next to pink!



After making the smaller three that you see above, I became ambitious & decided to make a bigger version of the same flower.
Oh gooood golly miss molly! I'm going to wear this one A LOT!




Well...what do you think?


I'm partying here today...





Tip Junkie handmade projects

Sumo Sweet StuffThe Girl Creative
Makingcraft

13 comments:

  1. I want a weekend tutorial on this one! I'll bring a t-shirt, felt, pin and glue gun and you show me on Saturday???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! Anyone else up for a little crafty session with us? I'll bring my left-over knit fabric. I have grey & this corally-pinkish color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love a craft session if only I lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite one so far! I can't wait to learn how; are you still going to post a tutorial??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca, I plan to! I have one ready to post on Friday...but it's for a flower that I haven't shown you yet. I may end up doing a tutorial of THIS one though b/c it was SO easy & honestly would be quick to make a tutorial of. We'll see what happens but I do promise that at some point I'll show you how to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!! you are so talented, Julie!! I would love to see how this one is made if you get a chance to post it! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I want one REALLY bad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOU ARE AMAZING JULIE SUE!!!! I really hope that someday (Lord, willing, of course!) I can be HALF the wife, mother, WOMAN you are!!!

    Love this flower the best too....and, just like Katie, I think I want one too! ;)

    a

    ps - glad you posted pics of yourself wearing the flower...you accomplished so much today - a third flower AND a wiww!!! love you sweet friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you're just adorable!
    And your flower is too.
    love,
    Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love to see how to make this one! And would love for you to link up to my Sassy Sunday Blog Hop going on now!
    http://sassypantsstudio.blogspot.com/2012/04/i-hope-everyone-has-had-awesome-week-i.html

    Jen

    P.S. I'm your newest follower and would love for you to follow me back! I love making new bloggy friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen-
      You can check out the tutorial here (same flower just round the top cut instead of point). Thanks for the invite!! We'll head over and link up ;-)

      http://sisterseesisterdo.blogspot.com/2011/07/prickly-posie-tutorial.html

      Delete
  11. So pretty! It would make a great Mother's Day gift! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...