Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Eli's 1st Birthday

Ohmygoodness!
Here we are 3 weeks later &
I just realized that aside from the post about my polka-dot garland,
 I never shared Eli's 1st birthday with you!


Our baby turned 1 on April 3rd...yep, it's been a year already.
I think just about every parent feels like their baby's first birthday approaches quicker than they would ever expect.
That's certainly the case for us!
As I told you in this blog post, we decided to throw a Mickey Mouse birthday party for Eli. It turned out great!
Rather than making all of our families travel to us & our small house, we took a lil road trip to them & had the party at my sister's house (The Thrift Store Rock Star).
Thanks Aunt Chelle & Uncle Pat for letting us borrow your house!


Grub time!
Our families are awesome!
They all helped us with the food which totally took my stress level down when it comes to party planning.
My dad made an amazing Mac & Cheese, Gram made her super yumm-o potato soup, My sister made an asian slaw & butterfinger grape salad dessert (recipe here), and mom & I supplied the fixings for turkey sandwiches & subs. Thank you family!!
 My talented Mother-in-law made Eli a Mickey Mouse cake!
It was awesome!!!!
So detailed & so cute! It was perfect - and delicious too!

All this singing!! For me??!!

 See that sneaky two year old in the corner?
He was quick to help Eli blow out his candle!

 He wasn't sure what to do with that giant Mickey shoe at first...but he figured it out!

He was pooped after all that singing & cake!
Hahahahahaha





Present time!
Eli got some great presents! He was given a mega block table, an activity table, a rattling ball that looks like a chicken, a bug themed drum/instrument set, a glow worm, some cars, books, a piggy bank & conviently some money to put in it!

The kids had fun playing with Eli's new toys!
We enjoyed the party with our very special family & close friends.
The Sweet Hillery Family & Our surprise guest!
She joined us all the way from Massachusetts!
Me & My Ashley Marie
(mentioned earlier in this post)
She's so good at surprises & I LOVE IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...