Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sixty years ago...


Sixty years ago today
these love birds tied the knot...
Their wedding picture from 1951.

I like to imagine my grandparents repeating their vows to one another, sixty years ago...and boy does that make me smile! Why? Because I know they have held to those vows for SIXTY YEARS and THAT is SO AWESOME!


Happy 60th Wedding Anniversary Gram & Pop Pop!!

 Where would I be without these two amazing people in my life?
 I don't ask that to sound sentimental or cliche...From the depths of my heart, I honestly do not know how my life would have turned out without my grandparents in it. They've been an immense support to me, an example of what it is to be a servant of all, and their lives have displayed to me what a life committed and sold out to Christ looks like. Their marriage has been a picture of solid love. What they have given to me could never be bought...ahhhh, here come the tears!! I love these two so much...soo sooo sooooo much.
I'm thankful FOR them and TO them. I praise God for what He has done in our family through my lifetime...and how He has used these two to influence us and love me (& my family)...through every season.

 The Yoh Family 1967 / The Yoh Family 2001



2008
Hand in Hand

Christmas 2009
One of my favorite pictures of my grandparents

 Christmas 2010
My brother gives the best gifts! Pop Pop's antlers were flashing!
  
2007 Visit with Baby Caleb (awww)
I am SO happy that I get to share my children with Pop Pop & Gram!
2009 Mother's Day Brunch
Baby Keston (awww), Gram & Me
I absolutely adore my Gram.  If there is one person in this world that I want to be just like, it's her!

"I, Arthur Yoh take you Marilee Foster, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part."

2 comments:

  1. What a great tribute Julie! I feel blessed to have known your Gram & Pop Pop too!!!!
    Much like my own grandparents, they are a testament in my life of marriage. They hold steadfast to their faith and in each other. If there's anyone I would like to live like, it's my grandma too! I'm positive we share the same feelings for our grandma's (or...our gram's).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so special, Julie. I'm so glad you posted this. (except for that 1967 picture!) I do have the most giving, sacrificing and faithful parents ever! I truly strive to be like them. They are and have been a godly example to all of us and many other lives. Prayer has been a key element in their lives and I have vivid memories of seeing them kneeling beside their bed praying.
    Aunt Bren

    ReplyDelete

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...