Monday, March 21, 2011

Makeover Monday!

Remember last weekends used furniture store find?
Checkout the makeover!
Here is how it happened
1. I removed the legs and used a hammer to crack off the gold plastic from the legs.
2. Popped off the back panels and removed the shelf.
3. To paint the legs I taped off the coasters.  
4.  Poked holes in an old box  to give me a 360 angle for painting.
5. I painted everything with a can of Krylon Fusion 'the no-prep super bond paint' in black gloss.  The great thing about this paint is it requires no sanding & no priming!
6. I decided I wanted something fun for the back panels.  I picked up some butterfly fabric for $1 a yard at Wal-mart a few weeks ago.  I also had some Elmers Craft Bond Spray Adhesive on hand.  
7. I sprayed the panels with a good coat of the adhesive and then applied the fabric, adjusting as needed.
Let me know what you think.  I think it turned out pretty cute - now time to figure out which room will get to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Printer Friendly View

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...